This feasibility study, currently estimated at around £25,000, will undertake a thorough investigation of the work necessary to restore navigation between Needham Lakes and Baylham Mill. The study will establish practicalities, benefits and costs. It will take into consideration the recommendations made by the Ecological Scoping Study.
The feasibility study will advise on:
· The economic benefits
· Environmental benefits
· Community, social and educational benefits
· Planning permissions and other requirements
· Required lock restoration work
· Necessary de-silting work
· Water quality assessment
· A flood-risk analysis
· Recommendations for any additional studies or surveys, as required
· Identify costs necessary to complete the work
· Project management and planning
· Timing and programme.
© All rights reserved